It’s a waste of precious time to worry. It keeps your mind busy doing nothing.
If it were possible to build a mansion by worrying, I’m sure by now most of us would have been estate owners. Some people are just habitual worrywarts. They worry over the past, the present and the future. You can’t add an inch to your height by worrying, if you could some of us would have been over 20 feet tall.
The futility of worry is that it doesn’t get any problem solved, rather it creates, promotes and magnifies a seemingly needless issue that should have been ignored. Most of the things we worry about never get to happen, but we would have wasted so much energy and time trying to solve a problem that will never come to pass. According to a Swedish proverb- ‘Worry gives a small thing a big shadow.’ From time to time, we need to just stop and worry the hell out of what is worrying us!
Are you worried about your finances, health, family, and career? Worry doesn’t help you heal or improve your finances but weakens your immune system and ability to concentrate on the solutions. The best thing to do is to handle each day as it comes. – ‘Take no thought of tomorrow…sufficient unto today is the evil thereof’. It’s good to plan ahead but don’t stress or worry ahead. Take worry off your life and give yourself some peace of mind.
‘Worry is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but it doesn’t get you anywhere’- Zen proverb.
How to overcome worry:
• Replace worry with the joy of the Lord. The joy of the Lord is not dependent on circumstances but on agreement with the ability and sufficiency of God Almighty.
• Whatever you need to do today to improve your life and better your tomorrow start at it. Don’t procrastinate anymore.
• Have the grace to change what you can change and ignore those things you can’t do anything about
• Instead of dwelling on problems spend time on constructive problem-solving thoughts thereby eliminating time spent on worrying.
• Make a conscious effort to think right no matter the situation
• Make friends with positive minded people that can encourage you out of negativity.
• List your worries and take them to God in prayers, and then, open your heart to receive the peace of God that surpasses all understanding.
• Make a choice to stop worrying and start living!
The message for today is -stop worrying. It does not change anything.
Lesson: Most of the time, we worry over what will never happen, and waste precious time that could have be channeled to productive thinking. Redeem the time and stop worrying.